Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great, healthy, and easy recipe to have on a busy weeknight.
- 1 red pepper, roasted, a jar of this will do just fine. Medium dice
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 12 ounces canned tuna, can use chicken if desired
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine, can use other pasta if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, medium diced
- 1. Boil water, once boiling put in salt. Make is salty like the sea. Then add pasta and cook till al dente.
- 2.In a separate pan, heat olive oil. Put in onions to sweat, not color.
- 3. Add garlic, saute 1 minute, put in capers, saute 30 sec.
- 4. Add can of tomatoes. put in diced peppers, tuna, and peas. Saute for 1 minute.
- 5.Add lemon and salt to taste.
- 6. Drain pasta, add pasta to sauce and coat sauce to pasta.
- 7. Serve and enjoy.