Recipe by Gingernut
A very easy throw-together meal that tastes gourmet. Weights of jars are approximate, just use similar sized jars that are available near you.
Top Review by Heystopthatnow
I'm not going to rate this recipe, I'll just leave a comment. When I started making this dish, I didn't think it would be like a pasta salad. I saw the picture and thought it would be some creamy dish. I should have looked at the ingredient list because obviously, cream isn't listed as an ingredient! I only read the first two directions when I started. So when I came back to look at step 3, I was surprised to see that the only step left was to toss the pasta w/the tuna mixture...I wondered how the other reviewer got that well blended look to her picture and I realized that she also didn't follow the directions. She heated hers up in a skillet. I decided to follow her steps. I didn't have feta but I had parmesan so I put that in. It wasn't really melding. So I thought what can I do to make this all come together? I added milk, it didn't really work. I decided to just add some cream of mushroom soup to it. That solved it for me! To it, I crushed up some Ritz crackers and left a bottle of Tapatio hot sauce to eat with. I really did like the dish that came out after the change but because it's far from the original recipe, I wouldn't be able to rate this recipe.
- 500 g uncooked penne pasta (or other medium pasta shape, I use wholemeal spirals)
- 200 g bottled roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 400 g bottled artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 200 g tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (Flat leaf)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (I use less ... use good quality oil) or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I use less ... use good quality oil)
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine red peppers and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- When pasta is done, drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add pepper-tuna mixture and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.