I actually found this at the foot of the page, under the Cooking Channel site. The recipe is courtesy of chef David Rocco. The cream in the sauce seems to mellow the tuna and tomatoes -- it's my favorite pasta sauce with tuna. Really delicious and pretty with butterfly pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, approximately
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, large chopped (I used bottled, drained)
- 12 black olives, pitted (about 1/4 cup)
- 7 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 12 ounces pasta, such as penne or 12 ounces farfalle pasta, cooked al dente
- Note: I make my marinara with a bit of olive oil, garlic, canned tomato puree, a bit of Tobasco, basil, salt and pepper. It went great with this recipe.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and black olives. Cook a bit. Pour in the marinara sauce and cook for a few minutes. Add the tuna to the sauce. Cook for another minute. Add the cream and cook on high heat until the sauce is hot but not boiling. Add the pasta and finish cooking directly in the sauce. Sprinkle the dish with the parsley. Serve immediately. Buon appetito!