Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has a really nice briny flavor, which I enjoy. I'm not sure where I originally got this recipe, but this is my variation of it. If you don't have any kalamata olives, green works equally well.
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 Tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the capers and olives, cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, pepper, tuna and the remaining oil.
- Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water, and toss with tuna and olive mixture.