Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple Magazine, August 2006
- 340.19 g whole wheat pasta (rigatoni or penne)
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, pitted and roughly chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water, and divide among individual bowls. Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.
- Tip: Consider splurging on a can of Italian olive oil-packed tuna for this recipe, or any other dish that calls for tuna. Its robust flavor makes everyday meals extraordinary.
Yum! This was really great: my only qualm is with the olive oil. There must be some way around that. I think it may be just as good without (perhaps by simply spraying the pan). Thanks for posting!