Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Real Simple Magazine, August 2006
Make and share this Pasta With Tuna and Black Olive Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta (rigatoni or penne)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water, and divide among individual bowls. Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.
- Tip: Consider splurging on a can of Italian olive oil-packed tuna for this recipe, or any other dish that calls for tuna. Its robust flavor makes everyday meals extraordinary.
Yum! This was really great: my only qualm is with the olive oil. There must be some way around that. I think it may be just as good without (perhaps by simply spraying the pan). Thanks for posting!