Recipe by PanNan
A delicious, quick and easy, one pot meal that the family loves. You can saute shrimp or Italian sausage to go with this if you like to add meat.
Top Review by Evie*
I've been making a lot of meatless pasta dishes of late, and this is yet another winner. I used bowtie pasta (had run out of my fav penne) other than that I followed the recipe to a T. The flavour combinations were delicious, creamy tomato, zippy red peppers, and the sweetness of the peas were a real winner. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb pasta (we like penne)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- About a minute before the pasta is finished, add the frozen peas to the boiling water.
- Drain pasta and peas.
- Meanwhile, cook chopped onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, basil, cream, salt and the pepper flakes.
- Stir and heat, but do not boil.
- Serve sauce over pasta.