Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious, quick and easy, one pot meal that the family loves. You can saute shrimp or Italian sausage to go with this if you like to add meat.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- About a minute before the pasta is finished, add the frozen peas to the boiling water.
- Drain pasta and peas.
- Meanwhile, cook chopped onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add diced tomatoes, basil, cream, salt and the pepper flakes.
- Stir and heat, but do not boil.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
I've been making a lot of meatless pasta dishes of late, and this is yet another winner. I used bowtie pasta (had run out of my fav penne) other than that I followed the recipe to a T. The flavour combinations were delicious, creamy tomato, zippy red peppers, and the sweetness of the peas were a real winner. Thanks for posting.
Sauteed some shrimp and added it to the sauce and pasta at the last minute. Used two garlic cloves instead of onions (just a personal preference). Delicious dish and leftovers were even better for lunch the next day. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
This is a very easy, delicious and inexpensive dish! I used shell pasta and substituted a few drops of tabasco sauce for the pepper flakes since I hadn't any on hand. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing PanNan.