Recipe by Kimke
This recipe depends on the flavor of ripe, juicy, flavorful tomatoes. Wonderful on a summer day!
Top Review by chia
this was really good, quick and easy to prepare. i used some fresh basil too, 12 plum tomatoes, kalamata olives and the rest of the ingredients. i topped it off with some feta cheese i got from the greek grocer at the farmers market. a lovely light weeknight dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 imported black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed,chopped if large
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the tomatoes and garlic together and drain them in a strainer while you continue with the recipe.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain it well, return it to the pot, and toss it with the tomato mixture.
- Toss again with the olive oil, olives, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes to absorb the flavors before serving.