This recipe depends on the flavor of ripe, juicy, flavorful tomatoes. Wonderful on a summer day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb angel hair pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 imported black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed,chopped if large
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Toss the tomatoes and garlic together and drain them in a strainer while you continue with the recipe.
- 2Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- 3Drain it well, return it to the pot, and toss it with the tomato mixture.
- 4Toss again with the olive oil, olives, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 5Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes to absorb the flavors before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g