A great dish with a greek flare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste,plus
- 1 tablespoon salt, for pasta water
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh mint, slivered or chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 lb pasta (fusilli, rigatoni, farfalle or penne)
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and broken in half
- 1Start a large pot of water to boil with 1 tbsp.
- 3While water heats, toss tomatoes with garlic, salt, pepper, oil, herbs and vinegar (if using) in a pasta bowl.
- 4Add feta.
- 5Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes or longer.
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 7Add pasta to boiling water.
- 8Cook 5 minutes.
- 9Add beans.
- 10Keep cooking until pasta is al dente, firm to the bite (see cooking time on package).
- 11Drain, toss with tomato mixture and serve.
- 12The tomato mixture, without the herbs, can be made hours ahead.
- 13Hold in or out of the refrigerator, but let it come to room temperature before adding herbs and tossing with cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Tomatoes, Green Beans & Feta
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 1929.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 15.9 g