Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great dish with a greek flare.
Make and share this Pasta With Tomatoes, Green Beans & Feta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste,plus
- 1 tablespoon salt, for pasta water
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, slivered or chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 3⁄4 lb pasta (fusilli, rigatoni, farfalle or penne)
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed and broken in half
- Start a large pot of water to boil with 1 tbsp.
- While water heats, toss tomatoes with garlic, salt, pepper, oil, herbs and vinegar (if using) in a pasta bowl.
- Add feta.
- Let sit at room temperature 15 minutes or longer.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Keep cooking until pasta is al dente, firm to the bite (see cooking time on package).
- Drain, toss with tomato mixture and serve.
- The tomato mixture, without the herbs, can be made hours ahead.
- Hold in or out of the refrigerator, but let it come to room temperature before adding herbs and tossing with cooked pasta.
Very easy and very adaptable; I used thyme and Parmesan cheese instead of basil/mint and Feta cheese. The basic recipe is a keeper.
Delicious! Tastes like you you made a lot more effort than it actually takes. Great straight-from-the-garden recipe. What a treat, Dancer.