Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Best of Bridge recipe
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shave into ribbons
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb penne
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut an"X" through skin at bottom of each tomato.
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Plunge in cold water and peel off skin with sharp knife.
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Coarsely chop and set aside in a bowl.
- Add Parmesan, spinach, garlic, oil, basil and pepper to tomatoes.
- Cook penne in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain and toss with tomato mixture.
- Top with feta and pine nuts and sprinkle with parsley.