Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
This features an "uncooked" sauce, but the pasta will warm it a bit. Sauce the pasta as soon as it is cooked and serve it immediately.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta (I like linguine)
- Combine all ingredients except pasta in a large bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside let rest at room temperature until you fix the pasta.
- When pasta is ready, toss with the sauce and serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite wine.
Very tasty pasta dish. I used chopped watercress instead of basil since that's what I had. Gave it a nice, peppery bite!
I was looking for any pasta dish that incorporated avocado and shrimp, stumbled on this and found it to be absolutely ideal. Nice, light pasta dish -- the simple uncooked sauce really allows the flavors of the avocado and shrimp to stand on their own power. I also used very finely chopped shallot. Great for summer. Thanks Clifford!
Delicious and quick to prepare. Basil is very pricey this time of year at our grocery stores, so subbed in some dried along with using basil oil I have on hand. I'm positive it would be even better once I use fresh basil next time. :)