Looks delicious. From Everyday Italian, recipes for cleaning out the frig and cabinets. Giada recommends as a quick main dish or can be a side.
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite (al dente), stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta, RESERVING 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water. Stir to melt the tomato paste and create a sauce, adding more pasta water if necessary.
- Stir in the oregano, thyme, and parsley.
- Gently fold in the cooked pasta, peas, and the cheeses, adding more reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
It was great!!!! When I make it the next time I might omit the carrots, but its a great way to get kids to eat vegtables without them knowing it. thanks for sharing this one its a quick easy supper.
Delish. I reduced pasta by more than 1/2 & it was still enough for 6 side dishes for us. I left all other ingredients the same, I just used less pasta water. Liked the herbs used, thanks for sharing.