His daughter's Note:
Mmmmmm. This recipe is a combination of Joanne Stepaniak's "Unstuffed Shells" from Vegan Vittles and Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero's "Cashew Ricotta" from Veganomicon. The cheese is a non-dairy dream. Creamy and rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry & well mashed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (approximately 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce (or more)
- 1 lb medium pasta shell (or whatever type of pasta you prefer)
- 1In a food processor, blend together the cashews, lemon juice and olive oil until thick and creamy. (A Vitamix works well for this.).
- 2Add the cashew cream to the mashed tofu along with the parsley, basil, onion granules, garlic granules and salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- 3Place the tomato sauce in a small saucepan and heat until boiling. Then reduce the heat to low and cover saucepan with a lid to keep the sauce hot.
- 4Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to instructions on package. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
- 5Stir the reserved tofu ricotta into the hot pasta, tossing well until it is evenly distributed.
- 6To serve, spoon pasta onto plate and spoon tomato sauce on top. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Tofu Ricotta and Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.7
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 913.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 28.7 g