Recipe by mandabears
This is one of Andrew Schloss' incredible recipes. He is a genius and my new favorite chef/cookbook writer. He lives in PA and Miss Picky went to high school with his daughter. I actually dragged 6 of his cookbooks to a PTA meeting so he could autograph them, how tacky!! The recipe is delicious and easy.
- 1 lb pasta, any shape, I use whole wheat rotini
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto, fresh or jarred, I usually use the pesto recipe from my pesto tortellini posted on the 'zaar
- 1⁄4 cup black olive tapenade (olive spread, fresh or from a jar)
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper pesto sauce, fresh (or 1/4 cup from a jar)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, I try to use the Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta, stir to separate and cook until al dente.
- In the meantime combine the 3 pestos, the parmesan cheese and parsley in a large serving bowl.
- Drain the pasta, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the sauce in the bowl.