Pasta With Three Peas Great for Summer
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring often. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon in heavy large skillet over high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
- Drain off 1/2 of the bacon fat and add shallots to skillet; sauté over medium-high heat until golden brown, pressing with spoon to separate layers, about 5 minutes.
- Add snap peas; stir until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Add pea tendrils and petite peas, stirring just until tendrils wilt, about 1 minute.
- Add pea mixture, bacon, mint, and enough cooking liquid to moisten pasta.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese. Serve, passing additional cheese alongside.