Recipe by pink cook
This is a good recipe that I found in Epicurian Recipes Website and posted it for CJAY in the topic thread, but here it is for public review.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream, plus 2 tablespoons (or can use half-and-half cream or evaporated milk)
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic and shallot with tequila, lime juice and vinegar. Cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Add cream and cook until reduced by half. Strain out garlic and shallot if desired. Return sauce to heat and whisk in butter.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Whisk into sauce to thicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Add green onions and tomatoes to hot pasta pot and stir. Add drained pasta and sauce and mix well.
- Serve garnished with fresh cilantro, if desired. You can also top the pasta with grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon for a heartier meal.