Recipe by thepurpleturtle
This is really YUMMY and healthy too! You can also play with this recipe and add some sweet bell peppers, spicy crushed red pepper flakes or shredded cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth (I use Oxo)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 200 g pasta (I like whole wheat fettucini or spaghettini)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in olive oil over a low heat until onions are soft.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli and bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and boil gently for about 10 minutes, or until broccoli is very tender, stir occasionally.
- Place broccoli mixture in a food processor or blender with lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Pulse a few times until smooth.
- Toss pasta and sauce together and serve.