From Better Homes & Gardens. EXCELLENT dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces dried bow tie pasta or 4 ounces mostaccioli pasta
- 6 ounces swiss chard or 6 ounces spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (es)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, except omit any oil or salt. Drain. Return pasta to saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- 2Cut out and discard center ribs from Swiss chard or remove stems from spinach.
- 3Coarsely chop greens; set aside.
- 4In a large nonstick skillet cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 15 seconds. Add greens. Cook over medium-low heat about 3 minutes or until greens are wilted, stirring frequently.
- 5Stir in ricotta cheese, milk, basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes more or until heated through.
- 6Add the ricotta mixture and tomato to cooked pasta; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Swiss Chard
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 478.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 17.4 g