- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan in a slow stream
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, bulk or remove from casings
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) canchunky style crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, 3 turns of the pan in a slow stream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet peas, a handful
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- 20 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 lb pasta, cooked to al dente (your favorite shape)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and sausage to hot pan.
- Brown sausage and crumble into small bits.
- Drain any excess grease from skillet and return pan to heat.
- Add garlic to sausage and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a bubble.
- Reduce heat.