Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be prepared in less than an hour. I just love pasta and goat cheese and Tomatoes so I love this. This can be prepared as a side dish or a meatless main. Either way it is pretty yummy
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (you can use the sundried tomato oil)
- salt & pepper
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped (use the ones packed in oil)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced (you can use any brine packed black olive)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, cooked in salted water and drained (bowties, and fuisli work well)
- 4 ounces montrachet or 4 ounces chevre goat cheese
- Cook onion and garlic with salt & pepper over moderate heat until onion is soft.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and the broth and cook until broth is reduced by 1/3.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and heat till skins begin to pop.
- Stir in olives, basil and parsley.
- Toss with hot pasta and crumble goat cheese through. Save a little to scatter on top.
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
I made this for dinner tonight and we found it to be very flavoursome. For two people I used approximately 300 grams of bowtie pasta, 200 grams of perino tomatoes, vegetable stock and everything else listed with the exception of the garlic which I simply forgot to add. Regardless of this, we were very happy with the finished dish.<br/><br/>Thanks for a great recipe, conniecooks!