Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came across this recipe while searching for a recipe with sausage and sun dried tomatoes. This is simple and really good.
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 9 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- Saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil.
- Brown sausage in olive oil with garlic and onion.
- Deglaze pan with wine.
- Add spinach to wilt.
- Add sun dried tomatoes.
- Add canned tomatoes.
- Simmer and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Add Pasta and toss.
- Top with chopped fresh basil.
This recipe is delicious!
We had to substitute a few things. We didn't have any wine on hand, so we used red wine vinegar. Also, we used hot Italian turkey sausage, so we skipped the red pepper flakes. We used frozen spinach instead of fresh since we already had it on hand, but it's a bit harder to measure out when frozen, so we could have used more than the recipe called for.