Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A lovely light summer dish that is best if you are able to use garden fresh herbs and vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large zucchini, unpeeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, chopped, and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 ounces rotini pasta or 6 ounces other pastas, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a big skillet over medium heat; let the oil get heated.
- Add in onion, garlic, bell pepper, and zucchini; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in tomatoes, broth, herbs, salt, and pepper; stir/saute for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer cooked/drained pasta to a 2 quart casserole dish lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add vegetable sauce; stir to mix well; set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in breadcrumbs and cheese; toss until coated.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over vegetable/noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven until bubbly and flavors are blended--about 20-30 minutes.