Recipe by Gingernut
Another simple but tasty recipe from Leanne Ely's Menu Mailers (savingdinner.com). I love a quick, healthy meal especially when it gets me compliments from my hubby. I used wholemeal spirals instead of the linguine the original called for, and simplified the instructions to avoid dirtying an extra pan unnecessarily.
Top Review by NoBS
Fresh ingredients and whole wheat pasta, with jarred spaghetti sauce? Are you kidding? Why ruin them when the only substitute necessary would be fresh tomatoes for the jar. If the tang is necessary, add a can of tomato sauce. If you want quick, use the jar of sauce and boil some water for the pasta.
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, your favourite
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces whole wheat pasta, cooked and drained