Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and delicious.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed,cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap peas or 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fleshly grated parmesan cheese
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Add asparagus to large pot of boiling salted water.
- Cook until just crisp-tender.
- Transfer to bowl of cold water using slotted spoon.
- Cool asparagus slightly and drain.
- Add pasta to same pot of water and boil until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Add sugar snap peas and boil 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and heat through.
- Drain well.
- Return pasta-vegetable mixture to pot.
- Add oil and toss to coat.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
DELICIOUS! I had sugar snap peas and asparagus at home and wasn't sure what to do with them. I am definitely a beginner cook and was able to make it without any problems. Fast, Easy, and quick cleanup---only uses one pot! I did use a lot of pepper to taste but thats just my personal preference! Thanks for sharing!