Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Pampered Chef - we fixed it tonight, with a few changes , and it was WONDERFUL ! ...but can not find where they have the recipe to keep it - and do not want to loose this one. So - here it is with our little changes.
- 1 lb penne pasta, whole wheat
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 ounce yogurt, plain no fat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup pasta water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the penne and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Crush and chop garlic in food processor. Add the feta, yogurt, pepper and half of the spinach . Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set the cheese and spinach mixture aside.
- Place the remaining spinach leaves in the pot used to cook the pasta. Spoon the pasta on top of the spinach leaves. Scrape the cheese and spinach mixture on top and mix well.
- Turn the heat on under the pot and stir until well mixed and all heated through. Add enough of the pasta water to make the mixture as moist as you desire. We liked our more like a "sauce". Sprinkle with Roasted Pine Nuts and grated Parmesan over the top, and serve with thick crusty bread.