Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
A quick pasta meal that is high in iron & fibre. This recipe and the following tip is courtesy of the website for Australian food company Sanitarium. "To roast capsicum, place skin side up on a baking tray and cook under a medium grill for 10 minutes or until skin turns black. Allow to cool in a paper or plastic bag for 5 minutes and then remove the blackened skin."
- 2 red capsicums, roasted, skin peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g spinach leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 250 ml low-fat evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 500 g desired pasta
- parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add leek and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat until soft and transparent. Add the spinach and stock. Cook for 3-5 minutes with a lid on the pan so spinach softens.
- Transfer to a food processor and add the evaporated milk, basil and salt. Process for a few minutes until combined.
- Return to saucepan to heat through.
- Serve on pasta with finely sliced roast capsicum, parmesan cheese shavings and extra English spinach leaves.