Recipe by Luv4food
This is an easy, colorful, yummy dish. I happen to love it....hope you will also. I've been making it for years, and don't remember where it came from.
Top Review by By The Lake
WOW! Youâ€™ve really gotta try this one! I've made this several times now and this is absolutely GREAT! When there are nights we want a meatless dinner, this is a go too. This time, because I didn't have ricotta cheese, I used cottage cheese and put it through a sieve. I also substituted the pine nuts for toasted walnuts. Instead of the basil leaves, I used a healthy scoop of basil pesto that I always keep in the freezer. I served it with Goat Cheese & Walnut Pizza - Recipe #3430.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (250 g) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and water squeezed out
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 -6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lb penne
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water until firm but cooked. Place in bowl.
- In sausepan, melt butter, sautee pine nuts until they just brown,add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add spinach and salt,pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Mix sauce into pasta, add Riccota and basil.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve at once.