This pasta is good both hot and at room temperature. My daughter, now 8, asks for it frequently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in boing water until al dente.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile prepare sauce.
- 4Wash spinach and remove stems (the worst part of doing this recipe. I've tried using frozen instead but it isn't as good).
- 5In a large saucepan(or in the microwave), cook the spinach in water until wilted, approximately 4 minutes.
- 6Drain, squeeze out moister, and chop finely.
- 7Add garlic to spinach.
- 8Set aside.
- 9[I always use a couple of cloves.].
- 10Heat oil in a large skillet (I use a wok).
- 11If you use DeCecco fetuccine, which takes about 6-7 minutes to cook, you can put the pasta in the water immediately before starting the nuts.
- 12The pasta and the spinach end up being done at about the same time.
- 13Add the nuts and saute until light brown.
- 14Reduce heat, add spinach mixture and cook 3 minutes.
- 15Add the pasta and pepper to the spinach mixture, tossing.
- 16Add the cheese, toss and serve.
- 17Recipe can be dressed up with the addition of sauteed chicken, scallops, and/or shrimp.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Spinach Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 232.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g