Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mediterranean-inspired salad served warm. Also delicious cold. Don't add salt - the feta, olives and capers provide plenty. A short sturdy pasta works best such as bowties, shells, elbows.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1182.95-1419.54 ml pasta, hot cooked
- 473.18 ml spinach, raw chopped
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, pitted (sliced if desired)
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed
- 177.44 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 1.23 ml pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to mix. The spinach will wilt from the hot pasta.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cheese crumbles if desired. Though it's delicious refrigerator cold, I think it tastes best when served warm.
Simple and tasty! The only changes I made were to warm the olives, capers and "dressing" a little and I added parmesan. I'm sure the leftovers will taste even better tomorrow. Thanks for posting.
Thanks Kathy for a wonderful and extremely tasty supper dish on one of "meat free" days! I used tri-coloured rigatoni tubes and made the recipe as posted - we were rewarded with a meal bursting with flavour as well as being healthy. A keeper for future "meat-free" days and a recipe worthy of serving to company. Karen/FT :-)
Holy smokes! This is good. I love the simplicity and the intense flavor from the garlic, oil, and balsalmic vinegar. This pasta lets you taste everything together and you can dectect the individual flavors too. This I would not hesitate to serve to important guests. Simple is best!