Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and quick to make healthy meal that can be modified to please different eaters. The original recipe was found on kvue.com, but I modified it to meet my families tastes and make it healthier. This accommodates vegan (and E2) diets and can be made very low fat by skipping the olive oil in the pasta, and using a light amount of cooking spray to cook the veggies.
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) package Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 roasted red and yellow peppers, sliced thin and into 1-2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, coarsley chopped
- olive oil
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- jarred kalamata olive, chopped
- Bring water to boil in pot to accommodate the pasta, add salt and olive oil and cook pasta to al dente.
- In large saute pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium high.
- Saute the mushrooms for 3 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the garlic and shallot and saute until mushrooms are tender.
- Turn off heat and add in spinach, roasted red peppers, lemon juice and basil and toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in and toss with the drained pasta, serve, and enjoy!