Recipe by Gingernut
This is another "throw-together" pasta that is easy and delicious. I always use wholemeal spiral pasta, but you can use any medium shape pasta you like. Leave out the tuna for a vegetarian version. Inspired by a recipe in Cooking Light, June 1998.
Top Review by MissLoriAnne
Yummy! I used bottled lemon juice since I did not have fresh. I used half a 10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry. I used a small can of skinless, boneless salmon since I did not have any tuna. I also used some red pepper flakes. I mixed the EVOO and lemon and pepper together and let the chickpeas and salmon marinate in it for a bit (while i was thawing the spinach in the microwave and draining it.) I prepared the pasta and then added the rest of the ingredients. Very tasty, handy entree from the pantry. Would make again. I might use some chipotle pepper spices to give even more flavor, but it is fine as is.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 250 g whole wheat pasta (I use wholemeal spirals)
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled (I prefer goat or sheep feta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (280 g) can tuna in water, drained