Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yummy, quick and cheap eats!
Make and share this Pasta With Spinach, Chickpeas, and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to instructions on the box, minus a minute or two.
- When done save 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the rest- keep in a colander.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. . Add the bacon pieces and cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to render their fat. Toss in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes.
- Dump in chickpeas and stir to coat. Then add the spinach leaves, and cook until wilted. Season with a pinch of salt and add a half a cup or so of the pasta cooking water.
- When the spinach is wilted, add pasta to the pan with spinach and chick peas. Cook, stirring constantly, for a minute or two.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with cheese, and serve.
- I actually removed the bacon before eating, wanted to add the flavor but avoid some of the calories.
This was very easy to make and is definitely a cheap dish to make! Very filling! I put more bacon in the dish myself and some salt and pepper. It was a great light dinner! Smelled wonderful cooking! Thanks for posting!
This is yummy!! I saw Lidia Bastianich prepare a dish very similar to this on her show and it looked so good! Love all the flavors and the ditalini pasta is so wonderful paired with the chickpeas!! Their sizes are so similar that it was easy to eat! I let the bacon, garlic and the cheese flavor the entire dish, I did not salt or pepper it at all. Maybe just a tiny amount of salt could have been added but it did not need it. This dish was really delicious, thanks for the recipe!!