1/1 Photo of Pasta With Spinach, Chickpeas, and Bacon
Yummy, quick and cheap eats!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to instructions on the box, minus a minute or two.
- 2When done save 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the rest- keep in a colander.
- 3Pour the olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. . Add the bacon pieces and cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to render their fat. Toss in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes.
- 5Dump in chickpeas and stir to coat. Then add the spinach leaves, and cook until wilted. Season with a pinch of salt and add a half a cup or so of the pasta cooking water.
- 6When the spinach is wilted, add pasta to the pan with spinach and chick peas. Cook, stirring constantly, for a minute or two.
- 7Remove from the heat, sprinkle with cheese, and serve.
- 8I actually removed the bacon before eating, wanted to add the flavor but avoid some of the calories.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Spinach, Chickpeas, and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 736.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 20.6 g