Recipe by Judith N.
Plenty of flavor and nutrition with a low fat content. A practical cold-weather dish to make at short notice, since you'll probably find you have some of the ingredients already on hand. This recipe is compliments of the American Dairy Association.
Top Review by Oreochic68
I LOVE this recipe. It comes together easily and most ingredients are on hand already. Can always substitute canned tomatoes as well. Recipe can also be found on the back of one of the Northern Beans Brand's cans.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 ounces great northern beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups fresh spinach (coarsely chopped, 6 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, lightly grease a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat; when hot, add tomatoes and garlic. Cook and stir about 2 minutes, or until tomatoes are slightly soft. Stir in beans, broth and spinach. Cook until spinach just wilts, stirring constantly.
- Drain pasta well and add to skillet.
- Stir in cheeses, and season with freshly ground pepper. Toss lightly and serve immediately.