Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Everyday Food, haven't yet tried.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed, 4-5 c lightly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In small saucepan heat oil over medium high. Cook shallots, stirring occasionally, til soft, about 5 minute.
- Meanwhile, submerge spinach and basil in a large pot of simmering salted water; drain immediately. Squeeze out as much water as possible; transfer to food processor.
- Add shallots, ricotta, parmesan and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. Process til smooth.
- Cook 1 1/2 lb fettuccine til al dente, according to pkg directions. Drain, reserving 1 c pasta water. Toss pasta with spinach sauce, thinning with pasta water as needed. Serve with extra parmesan.