This appeared in Bon Appetit August 2013 as Strozzapreti with...... Make you own pasta and it will be great. However, don't let that stop you.....use any pasta you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh pasta (strozzapreti or use dried pasta)
- 8 cups spinach, trimmed, large leaves torn in half, divided
- 1 tbsp.lemon juice, fresh (more if you like)
- 1 tbsp.preserved lemon peel, sliced (more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Heat oil and 25% of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter is foaming.
- 2Add garlic and ¼ teaspoons red pepper flakes; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Add panko and cook, stirring often, until panko is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 4Mix in lemon zest and transfer panko to a paper towel–lined plate; season with salt and pepper. Let cool; set aside. Wipe out skillet.
- 5Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 5 minutes for fresh pasta). Drain.
- 6Meanwhile, heat remaining 6 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Cook, swirling skillet occasionally, until butter is brown, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add half of the spinach; cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute.
- 8Add pasta to skillet and toss to coat.
- 9Add lemon juice, preserved lemon peel, and remaining ¼ teaspoons red pepper flakes and toss to combine; season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice and preserved lemon peel, if desired.
- 10Add remaining spinach and toss until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
- 11Serve pasta topped with reserved panko.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Spinach and Preserved Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.6
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 420.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: