Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tossed in a tomato-based sauce that garners its heat from crushed red-pepper flakes and chipotle chiles. from Prevention.com
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml chipotle chile
- 118.29 ml green olives, roughly chopped
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 226.79 g medium pasta shell
- 78.07 ml basil (fresh chopped)
- 59.14 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and chipotle chiles. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the olives and tomatoes (with their juice). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly thickened. Season to taste with salt.
- 2.Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to the skillet. Add the basil, parsley, and lemon juice, and toss to mix well.