Recipe by M&Mers
This is a quick, flavorful pasta dish...and a nice change from the usual spagetti sauce. Goes well with a leafy green salad and a fresh loaf of crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (5 ounce) can baby clams, including liquid
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 lb short pasta, such as rotini
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, cook garlic over medium heat until softened but not brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat; add anchovy paste and hot pepper flakes.
- Add tomatoes, juice from clams and pepper.
- Return to medium heat and bring to a simmer, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but firm.
- Drain well and keep warm.
- Once tomato sauce has thickened, add clams, black olives and half of the parsley.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss pasta with tomato sauce, top each serving with remaining parsley and Parmesan cheese.