Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chipped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped, drained
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, cream, red peppers and crushed red pepper; simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup basil and simmer 1 minute longer; cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Add sauce, cheese and 1/2 cup basil and toss to coat.
- Add enough reserved cooking liquid to pasta to moisten if dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Very good and very easy.
Good recipe. Try adding some shrimp during the simmering time. I also tried it with Rotini pasta. Holds on to the sauce better, I think...