- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g uncooked large shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 4 large shallots, sliced
- 177.44 ml sliced drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 118.29 ml sliced pitted kalamata olives or 118.29 ml other brine-cured black olives
- 6 clove garlic, chopped
- 4.92 ml grated lemon, rind of
- 2.46 ml dry crushed red pepper
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, in juice,drained
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh basil
- 340.19 g package linguine
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until pink, about 2 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same pot.
- Add shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic, lemon peel, and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté until shallots are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and simmer until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in basil.
- Return shrimp and any juices to sauce; stir to heat through, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite.
- Add pasta to sauce.
- Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; top with cheese.
Oh yum! This was a tasty, easy recipe that made for a lovely summer supper. I subbed bow-tie pasta instead of linguini. After 8 years of being posted, I'm glad I found it - thanks, Paula!
Wow! This dish is one of the reasons why I could eat pasta everyday. I misread the ingredients, thought it was 1-2 tsps of crushed red pepper, so I used 1 teaspoon instead of 1/2. Turned out great! Can't wait to try this with fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Made for ZWT5
Lovely Mediterranean flavored pasta with all my favourite things in it. Yum!