Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice comforting pasta dish!
- 400 g penne
- 500 g chicken livers, trimmed
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon butter (for the cooked pasta)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato cocktail juice
- 1 glass red wine
- 1 teaspoon origanum
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and quickly fry the livers for about one minute, toss well and fry for a further two minutes Remove and keep warm.
- Add a little more olive oil and fry the onion until transparent, then add the chili and garlic and fry for another minute before adding tomato paste, chopped tomato and tomato cocktail, red wine, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for five minutes, stirring frequently, then increase the heat to high and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken livers and heat through.
- Boil the macaroni pieces according to instructions on the packet, drain and toss in a little butter Pour the livers and sauce over the pasta.
- Decorate with grated cheese and parsley.
This was not good .. I followed the recipe, but didn't try it myself as I don't like liver, however, my husband couldn't eat it, and he does like liver.