Recipe by invictus
I came up with this one on my own a few years ago. I season pretty strongly so you may want to adjust according to your taste.
Top Review by orca
Enjoyed this dish very much and will definitely make again. I think I will cut back on the cumin to 1/2 TB and omit the sugar next time. I also only used 8 ounces penne and it was just the right amount. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 16 ounces black beans, drained
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cilantro, snipped
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef in skillet and drain. Add onion and garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Add orange juice, tomato sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes, cumin, salt, and sugar. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Add black beans and tomatoes to beef mixture until heated through.
- Dish pasta onto plate and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.