- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb spaghettini
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor 9or by hand, combine all the ingredients except the pasta.
- (The sauce should remain chunky.).
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add pasta and boil for 10-12 minutes or until"al dente".
- Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Place spaghettini in a bowl and immediately toss with pasta water and sauce.
- For those who like it, serve with extra olive oil and Parmesan cheese.