Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Its Italian, quick, and a no-cook pasta sauce that has lots of flavour ...
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb spaghettini
- In a food processor 9or by hand, combine all the ingredients except the pasta.
- (The sauce should remain chunky.).
- Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Add pasta and boil for 10-12 minutes or until"al dente".
- Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Place spaghettini in a bowl and immediately toss with pasta water and sauce.
- For those who like it, serve with extra olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
A great summer pasta!
very impressed with the chef's bio, so i decided to try one of the recipes. this recipe is almost as impressing as the chef! so very simple and soooo delicious. i love anchovy so i made sure to use them in this dish. followed recipe exactly. this recipe is delicious,easy, simple and in my opinion, farily inexpensive too. the flavors are well balanced. with the leftover sauce i topped it on good italian bread....most definitly a keeper. thanks for the great recipe!!!