Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really easy and delicious dish, with a distinct lemon flavour.
- 60 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 200 ml white wine
- 200 ml double cream
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 200 g smoked salmon, slices cut into strips
- 500 g pasta (eg. fettuccine, linquini, tagliatelle)
- salt, black pepper
- 4 teaspoons salmon roe (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium low heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, 3 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon zest and juice, chives and salmon.
- Heat over medium low heat, without boiling, until hot through, 1 minute.
- Add salt& pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta, drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta to the sauce.
- Toss well to coat, adding reserved water as needed.
- Stir through chopped parsley, if using.
- Top with Salmon roe, if using.
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe Terese. We loved the fresh, lemony taste and the fact that it was as quick to make as you promised, I had a bit of dill going to waste, so put some of that in too, as I think it goes well with lemon and salmon..
This was great. I added some sauteed baby portabellas and capers, and waited to mix in the salmon until immediately before serving.
This was nice, however I was a little disappointed that the salmon was "cooked" by the time we ate it. I think next time I would stir the salmon through when the chopped parsley is added. Thanks!