Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
from BHG Dinnertime Express
- 8 ounces dried medium pasta shells or 8 ounces cavatelli or 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 (5 ounce) containersemisoft spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, and halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups) or 2 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (lox)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to saucepan.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan, heat cheese and milk over low heat until cheese melts, whisking until smooth. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice. Stir in zucchini and salmon; heat through. Pour sauce over pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with chives.
I enjoyed this... loved the addition of zucchini - I am on a quest to find the perfect smoked salmon pasta. I will definitely be making this one again.