Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This easy to prepare dish is absolutely luscious. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
- 9 ounces dried linguine or 9 ounces penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/3 inch-wide strips
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add salmon and cook until fish turns light pink, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and tomato paste.
- Cook until sauce is heated through, about 2 minutes, Stir in 2 teaspoons dill and cayenne pepper.
- Mix Pasta into sauce, adding pasta liquid by tablespoons as needed to moisten.
- Divide pasta among 4 shallow bowls.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon dill and serve.
quick and yummy!! used canned salmon that i have been meaning to get rid of. taglorini pasta, held sauce beautifully! used less whipped cream. didn't have tomato paste so i used sundried oil packed tomatoes.
This is very quick and easy to make, and tastes great. I used a packet of Barilla #13 bavette, 300 grams of smoked salmon, pure cream, 1 1/2 tsp of dried dill tips, and everything else as listed. I also added a little sea salt and plenty of cracked black pepper. Next time I'll use fresh dill and will add a bit more tomato paste. My SO gives it a 5!
very quick and easy, dinner was ready in 20 minutes. i also added some fresh lump crabmeat. the sauce gets a lovely pink color. we used linguine, my dh loved this.