Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Reduced Fat Version (uses White cheddar because cows don't give orange milk)
Make and share this Pasta With Shrimp, Veggies, Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (225 g) boxes macaroni (with White Cheddar Sauce.)
- 500 g low fat cottage cheese (1% mf)
- 50 g cheddar cheese (OLD White, Size of 2 big fingers)
- 500 g frozen shrimp (Cooked Jumbo )
- 500 g salmon fillets (for Omega 3)
- 6 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I like Oriental Mix vegetables with broccoli, snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, Mini-corn & water chest)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger (or 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk (or more if needed to get it "soupy)
- Boil Pasta, stirring every couple of minutes, to desired texture (12 min?) and drain.
- Rinse veggies in hot tap water & drain. Sprinkle generously with powdered garlic, ginger & black pepper. Stir. Microwave on high for 3 min or as needed. Use a cover to retain the steam.
- Sprinkle pre-cooked shrimp generously with powdered garlic, ginger, black pepper and lime juice. Microwave shrimp until thawed and hot. Remove any shell on tails by pinching with fingers.
- Microwave Salmon with lemon juice * parsley 3 min, turn over & 3 min again - Cut in bite size pieces.
- Grate or chop a 50 g piece of OLD White Cheddar (the size of 2 fingers). Using OLD reduces the amount needed for the desired flavour.
- Add cheese powder from kit to pasta. Stir. Add 1% milk until quite soupy. DO NOT add butter or margarine. (This is reduced fat version, remember!) Sprinkle with lots of black pepper.
- Over low to med heat add 1% Cottage cheese. Stir until smooth. Add chopped OLD White Cheddar and do the same.
- Stir in Veggies, Salmon & Shrimp along with at least half of Broth / Juice.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate pot and serve in Bowls as needed & Microwave. (Do not reheat pot.) Keeps a few days in fridge.