Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Reduced Fat Version (uses White cheddar because cows don't give orange milk)
Make and share this Pasta With Shrimp, Veggies, Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (225 g) boxes macaroni (with White Cheddar Sauce.)
- 500 g low fat cottage cheese (1% mf)
- 50 g cheddar cheese (OLD White, Size of 2 big fingers)
- 500 g frozen shrimp (Cooked Jumbo )
- 500 g salmon fillets (for Omega 3)
- 6 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I like Oriental Mix vegetables with broccoli, snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, Mini-corn & water chest)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger (or 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk (or more if needed to get it "soupy)
- Boil Pasta, stirring every couple of minutes, to desired texture (12 min?) and drain.
- Rinse veggies in hot tap water & drain. Sprinkle generously with powdered garlic, ginger & black pepper. Stir. Microwave on high for 3 min or as needed. Use a cover to retain the steam.
- Sprinkle pre-cooked shrimp generously with powdered garlic, ginger, black pepper and lime juice. Microwave shrimp until thawed and hot. Remove any shell on tails by pinching with fingers.
- Microwave Salmon with lemon juice * parsley 3 min, turn over & 3 min again - Cut in bite size pieces.
- Grate or chop a 50 g piece of OLD White Cheddar (the size of 2 fingers). Using OLD reduces the amount needed for the desired flavour.
- Add cheese powder from kit to pasta. Stir. Add 1% milk until quite soupy. DO NOT add butter or margarine. (This is reduced fat version, remember!) Sprinkle with lots of black pepper.
- Over low to med heat add 1% Cottage cheese. Stir until smooth. Add chopped OLD White Cheddar and do the same.
- Stir in Veggies, Salmon & Shrimp along with at least half of Broth / Juice.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate pot and serve in Bowls as needed & Microwave. (Do not reheat pot.) Keeps a few days in fridge.