Chef #677711's Note:
Reduced Fat Version (uses White cheddar because cows don't give orange milk)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (225 g) boxes macaroni (with White Cheddar Sauce.)
- 500 g low fat cottage cheese (1% mf)
- 50 g cheddar cheese (OLD White, Size of 2 big fingers)
- 500 g frozen shrimp (Cooked Jumbo )
- 500 g salmon fillets (for Omega 3)
- 6 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I like Oriental Mix vegetables with broccoli, snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, Mini-corn & water chest)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger (or 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk (or more if needed to get it "soupy)
- 1Boil Pasta, stirring every couple of minutes, to desired texture (12 min?) and drain.
- 2Rinse veggies in hot tap water & drain. Sprinkle generously with powdered garlic, ginger & black pepper. Stir. Microwave on high for 3 min or as needed. Use a cover to retain the steam.
- 3Sprinkle pre-cooked shrimp generously with powdered garlic, ginger, black pepper and lime juice. Microwave shrimp until thawed and hot. Remove any shell on tails by pinching with fingers.
- 4Microwave Salmon with lemon juice * parsley 3 min, turn over & 3 min again - Cut in bite size pieces.
- 5Grate or chop a 50 g piece of OLD White Cheddar (the size of 2 fingers). Using OLD reduces the amount needed for the desired flavour.
- 6Add cheese powder from kit to pasta. Stir. Add 1% milk until quite soupy. DO NOT add butter or margarine. (This is reduced fat version, remember!) Sprinkle with lots of black pepper.
- 7Over low to med heat add 1% Cottage cheese. Stir until smooth. Add chopped OLD White Cheddar and do the same.
- 8Stir in Veggies, Salmon & Shrimp along with at least half of Broth / Juice.
- 9Serve immediately or refrigerate pot and serve in Bowls as needed & Microwave. (Do not reheat pot.) Keeps a few days in fridge.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shrimp, Veggies, Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1097.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 334.9 mg
- Sodium 1141.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 99.5 g