Recipe by Hey Jude
This dish looks as good as it sounds. I serve this with a green salad and crusty rolls. Great for a small dinner party.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
I'm trying to think of a good adjective for this dish...ah yes, superb! This really did have it all, awesome taste, ease of preparation, lovely presentation. I would not hesitate to make this for company of for an extra-special dinner with the loved one. A keeper!
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb medium-large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces dry linguine
- fresh basil sprig
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T.
- of the oil.
- Sliver tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil from tomatoes in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat; add garlic and shrimp, cook, stirring often, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 5 minutes, lift out and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, onions, chopped basil, pepper, broth, vermouth and cream to pan; bring to a boil over high heat, boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups (about 10 minutes).
- Return shrimp to pan and stir just until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a 4-5 quart pan, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Drain pasta well, then divide among 4 dinner plates and top with sauce.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and pass cheese around to add to taste.