Hey Jude's Note:
This dish looks as good as it sounds. I serve this with a green salad and crusty rolls. Great for a small dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb medium-large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 10 ounces dry linguine
- fresh basil sprig
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 T.
- 2of the oil.
- 3Sliver tomatoes and set aside.
- 4Heat oil from tomatoes in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat; add garlic and shrimp, cook, stirring often, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 5 minutes, lift out and set aside.
- 5Add tomatoes, onions, chopped basil, pepper, broth, vermouth and cream to pan; bring to a boil over high heat, boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 1/2 cups (about 10 minutes).
- 6Return shrimp to pan and stir just until heated through.
- 7Meanwhile, in a 4-5 quart pan, cook linguine according to package directions.
- 8Drain pasta well, then divide among 4 dinner plates and top with sauce.
- 9Garnish with basil sprigs and pass cheese around to add to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with shrimp in tomato cream
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 224.7 mg
- Sodium 882.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 24.2 g