Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the cook book "Tapas":Little Dishes of Spain
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb spaghetti, broken into three lengths
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb baby shrimp
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons veal or 2 teaspoons chicken or 2 teaspoons beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red chili pepper, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Bring pot of water to boil with 1 tablespoon oil and salt. Add the spaghetti and stir occasionally with fork. Cook until tender, but still firm. Drain, return to pot, mix in another tablespoon oil, and keep warm.
- Heat the last tablespoon of oil in skillet and add the garlic. Just as the garlic starts to turn color, add the shrimp. Stir for about 2 minutes until the shrimps turn pink. Add the lemon juice, broth, red pepper, parsley and dash of salt. Cook for one more minute. Mix in noodles and serve once noddles are hot.
Nice flavor combinations, although I forgot to buy parsley! I increased the ingredients and made this with one pound of shrimp, using the chicken broth. Made for Fall PAC 2012.