1/2 Photos of Pasta With Shrimp and Wine
This is one of the best pasta/seafood dishes I have ever tasted! I know the recipe came from a cookbook, but a friend gave it to me several years ago (xeroxed the page) and the title of the book doesn't appear. Sorry I can't give credit! I've made it with scallops, too, and it's just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces shrimp, shelled
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 10 ounces pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, snipped
- 1Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- 2In a saucepan, cook onion in 2 Tblsp. butter and olive oil until tender but not brown.
- 3Stir in wine, bouillon granules, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until about 1/3 of the liquid is evaporated.
- 4Halve shrimp lengthwise and add to wine mixture.
- 5Cover and simmer about 5 minutes until shrimp is just tender.
- 6Stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- 7Toss pasta with 1/4 cup butter, melted. Add shrimp mixture, cheese and parsley. Toss until pasta is coated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shrimp and Wine
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.8
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.4 mg
- Sodium 1995.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 27.6 g